Saturday, February 20, 2021

What's new dawg? nothing...just research

 Hellooooo, this week I realized how hard this project is going to be, sigh... but I love me a challenge!

So today I'm going to be going over some aspects of the Coming of Age genre. Remember how some time ago I did research on the drama genre? Well, this is going to be a quick genre research about the genre I chose for my film opening! SO, let's get into it!

Firstly, a coming of age movie is based on 3 things: The main characters facing one or several important conflicts, the character taking an important choice in their lives, or going to a significant recognition of their future lives. These may include films portraying first loves, moving to high school, religious growth, winding up behind bars, and other critical occasions in the life of a young person.

Now that we know this, this information is portrayed through sentimental emotions. Humor is often used to handle the sense that there is more time to decide on things that follow maturity, regardless of whether it is decisions that turn out not to be publicly disclosed. To add on, also, self-reflection, which is simulated by making mistakes and learning from them or simply captivating in a conversation that involves some sort of mindfulness, is a flaming appreciation of life. Overall, life lessons through experiences will be another sign of Coming-of-Age films, with a more youthful person usually taking an important lesson from a parent or other significant older figure.

Something that is very famous in this genre, is how Producers tend to do include in these movies the circumstances and occasions related to the introduction of the teenager into new spaces of their psychological and social experience. They do this by displaying adult-like experiences with the delights and riks of their current life situation. One of the ways they do this is by doing voiceovers throughout the movie. They do this Mainly used to provide a deeper understanding of the emotions and thoughts of the character. Producers rely on the character establishment of their own identity in these films as they grow up and show their shift in the film.

Bellow I'm going to leave some examples of some of my favorite Coming of age movies and of course some very famous ones:






It was a brief study of the genre, yet very needed since it's important to understand the genre before jumping in and making a crazy mix that looks like a chipotle bowl!

That's it for today but, I'll see ya tmr!


No comments:

Post a Comment

INTRODUCTION

INTRODUCTION POST

  Ayooo! Sofia here, I'm a junior in Cypress Bay high and I created this blog mainly for my AICE Media class, this is one of the tools I...