Sunday, February 21, 2021

2020 aka the "You're missing out on the best years of your life because you have been quarantined since march"

 Hey Hey HEY! it's me, AGAIN, I know, I know, this week has been full of blogs! But today's blog is more chill, an easy read kind of... we'll see how this one turns out LOL

    So you're probably wondering about the title for today's blog! So, I want to explain myself, since most of you guys know, we have been quarantined since March 13 of 2020, at least here in the US. Right, so basically, I'm a 17-year-old immigrant girl from South America that always has been waiting for "my life to start". I know, I've been living in this beautiful, yet complicated world since 2003,my life started a while ago, but just when all my expectations of life are up there somewhere in the sky...COVID HIT. 

    My sophomore year of high school felt almost like if I was living behind bars! no interaction with anyone, no going out, no school, no fun! Overall experience 2/12 because I actually got to live 2 months of regular life. All the thing si wanted to do, gone... service hours opportunities gone, new friendships gone, what we thought "real life" was, gone. So I basically lost one of what could have been the best year of my life...Pain. 

    I know most teenagers feel like this, especially high schoolers, (which are our target audience) but no one really talks about how we didn't get our "Coming of age" phase. Maybe some of us did, but it was very individual and not fun at all! It definitely wasn't like "Perks of being a wildflower" or "Mid 90's". Where was the character development in our lives? we lost those days that we waited so long to come to us. 

That is one of the reasons why I chose to do a Coming of age film opening, because, I could just create characters that do things I wish I could of done in 2020. I think it would be a great way to portray that teenage feeling and even relate with the target audience!

Thats it... yeah 2020 sucked but, new year new Us, right?

1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying your blog. Keep up the nice blend of honesty and "formal" stuff...

    ReplyDelete

INTRODUCTION

INTRODUCTION POST

  Ayooo! Sofia here, I'm a junior in Cypress Bay high and I created this blog mainly for my AICE Media class, this is one of the tools I...