Monday, February 7, 2022

who the hell is that chick??


 Hey blog!

Do you know who you are?  neither do I... but, my amazing media teacher gave us a lesson on brand identities during one of the first weeks of school. She proceeded to assign my class a project to develop our image, who we are, our purpose, and all that jazz. It was hard, but it made me realize lots of things, like things that I enjoy, the people I like to be surrounded by, my beliefs and aspirations for the future. 

This was my brand logo (top right),  this was supposed to represent me the best, and no, I didn't want to go for my name as my logo because I thought that was...overheard and boring. I  decided to chose "RADIOACTIVE"  This logo shows my essence, who I am. When something is radioactive is usually unstable, which I am, but in an emotional way, I cry a LOT, and I'm not scared of showing vulnerability. On the same note though, I'm very energetic, expressive, and noticeable when I have/want to. I feel like this logo somehow represents my personality traits. In addition, it represents my love for art (music and paintings) some of you probably dont know this but, I was born in Venezuela, and one of Venezuela's greatest artists is Carlos Cruz Diez, he was like the master of kinetic art, and is one of my favorite artists.

I think this year I might take some inspiration from all the different color palettes Cruz Diez used in his art. It s so perfect yet different in every way and angle you look at it. That's what I'm trying to reach for this year, I want to be able to understand every aspect of my creations and make them work out together like Carlos Cruz Dieses' colors work together to form a beautiful piece of art.

This was honestly one of the coolest projects I've ever done since I had never sat down and thought about myself on such a deep level. The craziest thing to think about is how now I look back at this project and I think this one slide I presented is the most real one and the one I will probably stick to for a long time.
(INFO FROM SLIDE 5 OF MY IDENTITY PROJECT PRESENTATION BELLOW)

WHAT DOES RADIOACTIVE WANT TO COMMUNICATE?

● Being curious isn't annoying, it's interesting and cool, showing interest is amazing, acting like you dont care is LAME

● Get inspired, that is the first step to being original.



STAY CURIOUS. 

PAZ!




No comments:

Post a Comment

INTRODUCTION

INTRODUCTION POST

  Ayooo! Sofia here, I'm a junior in Cypress Bay high and I created this blog mainly for my AICE Media class, this is one of the tools I...